During the pandemic, we worship virtually. Sign up to be on our mailing list to be notified about virtual liturgies.
Under ordinary circumstances, we gather to celebrate the Eucharist and our lives as LGBTQI Catholics each Sunday at St. Stephen's Church at 419 Shawmut Avenue, in Boston's south end at 5 pm.
Following liturgy, we have a coffee hour in the church hall to socialize.
We also hold special liturgies for the Christmas and Easter seasons.
How We Celebrate Liturgy
- Liturgy at Dignity Boston will be familiar to Catholics, with some differences
- We use inclusive language.
- Lay women and men frequently preside and preach.
- Easter, Pentecost, Pride and other major feasts are co-presided by lay and ordained leaders.
- We often use liturgical dance as part of our worship.
- Our liturgies are infused with the theology of our lived experiences as LGBTQI persons and our allies.
- We participate annually with other LGBTQI people of faith in the Pride Interfaith Liturgy.
- We collect funds monthly in our community to support diverse causes, including support for refugees and migrants, urban anti-violence efforts, transgender rights and protections, health for homeless individuals and many others.